LZH Watches Code Geass 21-25 || 5/28 - 6/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LZH Watches Code Geass 21-25 || 5/28 - 6/3

Code Geass is one of my personal favorite anime, the first anime I actually watched online, and the anime that got me into anime. Since this one is a little longer spanning about 52 episodes across 2 seasons, we will be watching 5 episodes a week. I know it's a lot but its really only 1 episode a day, less than that even. I HIGHLY encourage participation on this anime. I know some people haven't seen it so feel free to post speculation on what you think will happen, but if you know that happens please don't spoil it. Watching ahead is allowed, but please keep discussion to the first season or post after watching them with your speculation and then continue watching. Let's Watch this amazing anime guys, I have never heard of anyone who dislikes this show.

CODE GEASS After the invasion of Japan by the Brittannian Empire, the country is renamed to "Area 11". The young Lelouch, a Brittannian student living in Japan, accidentally gets caught up in a local terrorist attack against Brittannia, reuniting with his childhood friend Suzaku as well as meeting the mysterious girl C.C. Cornered in a life and death situation, Lelouch accepts a power C.C. offers to him, the ability to order anyone to do anything. Harboring a thirst for revenge against the Brittanian Empire for their actions against his family, Lelouch wages war against the Empire. Using his newfound power and tactical ability, Lelouch goes under the alias Zero in attempts to fulfill his childhood vow, to destroy Brittannia!

So this week we finished up the first season of this show, so lets dive on into the second season. First off though, the review. So episode 21 is a good break from the action, taking us back for the school festival. There's always a school festival. We got giant pizza, and all the wrong people coming to the festival at the wrong time. Eventually, Euphie is exposed, and she decides to let lose her plan to make a special area for the 11's where they can live like they used to. YAY resolution, except, this kinda fucks up everything Lelouch was working towards.

So, next 2 episodes we see how the black knights and Lelouch react to this new special area. Lelouch meets privately with Euphie as his Zero character, and discusses the area. They reach an agreement, and then Lelouch does something stupid. Lets tell Euphie about geass. Jokingly, he tells her to kill all Japanese, and right then his geass malfunctions and the command carries out. So, Euphie gets a gun, and orders the slaughter. G fucking G. She even turns on her love Suzaku. Eventually, she's gun downed and regains control as she dies next to Suzaku. Whelp, so much for him every joining you Lelouch. As a result to this bloody slaughter, all the 11's start a revolt across the country and shit goes to hell pretty fast. As distraught as Lelouch is over how it all tuned out, this is a situation he can make use of. With this, we get the proclamation of the United States of Japan. Maybe we need to Tokyo Tea Party now? Using his army hes acquired, Lelouch moves to take over Japan.

Lelouch shows his brilliance once more during the battle. He manages to take the school hostage, but in reality he was trying to keep them safe. Meanwhile, plans he set into motion awhile ago, take hold and begin to give him a clear upper hand in the battle. We also get a strange child, VV who tells Suzaku about Lelouch's geass. Enraged, Suzaku pursues Lelouch or Zero wanting vengeance for Euphie's death. Suzaku also starting to husk up, and we'll see more of this. Meanwhile one other pain in the side, Cornelia continues to try and stop Lelouch. Meanwhile Nina is being a fuckass.

The final episode of this season has maybe one of the best cliffhangers ever. We start with Lelouch capturing and interrogating Cornelia about his mother. Sadly he doesn't really hear what he wants to. Meanwhile VV abducts sweet dear Naunnally. Lelouch leaves the battle to go chase after her, Suzaku and Kallen follow. Without them, the battle begins to go poorly for the black knights back in Japan. Eventually, Suzaku and Lelouch meet, and Lelouch loses his Zero mask right as Kallen appears. Guns pointed at each other, the fight being just about lost is how the season ends, leaving us with no other choice but to watch the second season.

Comment

Working...
    X